Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Watercolor Hypotheses



Today we made hypotheses about what different things would happen if we put watercolor with different items.

Here is the power point that I used: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15OGkc3DP7fJousLu0o_gQ7_kBes6n6IA8S4vlRu6TAc/edit?usp=sharing

I used an elmo as I explained the different techniques.

We started out as talking about what a hypothesis was and continued to make hypotheses on the different watercolor techniques I showed.

We all folded our watercolor paper into 8 sections. We used portrait and landscape to talk about the different ways to fold the paper.

First I showed some techniques that I know that the kids have done before on their own but didn't realize what they were doing. These were wet on wet, dry on wet, dry on dry, and flat wash. I realize now that it would have been better to do this part with them anyways.

Some of the children got distracted and didn't follow my directions even though I was quite prepared.

I knew this part would be a little confusing but I wrote this on the board so that they could see what I was doing.
I had them write on the bottom squares these techniques: Paper Towel (dab), Crayon (Use white), Plastic Wrap(leave on till dry), Salt (leave on till dry)





Once we made hypotheses and did the first 4 techniques we turned the paper around and wrote the next techniques but the words were upside down.

Once the techniques were finished we were going to make these into a folded book. That is the reason why the written names were upside down from each other. This is now a reference book of techniques they can use when making a watercolor painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment